DO YOU AS A MUM, EXIST IN PHOTOS WITH YOUR DAUGHTER?
As a mum, you are almost always super busy holding down the fort, right? It seems there are always lunches to be packed, clothes to be washed, while at the same time you are juggling working hours. The vast majority of the things that you do for your family each and every day goes undocumented. Heck, sometimes it even goes completely unnoticed!
Unfortunately, because mums are generally the ones doing all the “things”, they are also the ones taking the majority of the pictures. Having a ton of photographs of your kids is great! You will love looking at them and reminiscing, but since you are the one almost always taking the pictures, it means you often aren’t in many of them. If the we tell the truth, you are actually actively avoiding being caught in any of those photos due to your insecurities.
You need to fix that. You’ve got to switch to being on the other side of the camera
Your Daughter Deserve the Memories
It may be hard to think about, but imagine if something happened to you. Every photo becomes a treasured memory. They are going to want to look back at those good times and see your smiling face. The way they remember it.
But if you don’t put yourself in front of the lens once in a while, they will be left with very few glimpses of their relationship with you. These moments that you are all enjoying together, all these milestones, should be documented with you in the mix, not hiding out behind the camera.
You Want to Teach Your Daughter to Love Herself
Of course, you want to teach all of your children to love themselves, but in our society, it is especially important to teach your daughter that you love yourself. Society is going to be rough on your girl, mum. It is going to constantly tell her to look thinner, younger, and more beautiful. She needs to see your confidence, and she needs to see you believing in yourself even if you don’t fit into society’s ideas of what is beautiful.
Every time you cringe at the sight of a camera pointed in your direction or run to hide from a photo, you are showing your daughter that you don’t consider yourself worthy of being in the photo. You are showing your daughter that you don’t think of yourself as beautiful. Is that really the lesson you want to be teaching her?
Give your daughter the memories she deserves and show her just how beautiful you are really are.
We believe so strongly that every mother should have photos with her daughter, that we have decided to donate all session fees for these sessions to the National Breast Cancer Foundation, to help work towards there being ZERO deaths from breast cancer by 2030. Your donation will cover your session with your daughter/s and an A4 size print.
How do I book a session?
1) Complete the form below so we can learn more about your daughter/s and you.
2) We will send you an online calendar so you can find a date to suit your family. Sessions will be photographed Tuesday-Saturday between 9am and 5pm.
3) There is a $75 donation due to lock in your session time. This will be donated directly to the National Breast Cancer Foundation . It covers your session with your daughter an A4 size print of your choice
4) You will receive an email with information on how to prepare for your session, what to bring with you and what to wear!
5) You will have a fun relaxed session in our studio at Gordon, where we will capture a range of images of your daughter and you.
6) You will come back into the studio to view your photos. There is no obligation to purchase photos, but we know you will love them and want to display them in your home. This will be your opportunity to purchase photos of your daughter