Kids on the Couch project
HELP US RAISE $7500 FOR THE MAKE-A-WISH Foundation
with your support we can help we create life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses.
If you’ve been meaning to get your kids photographed for ages, or to update your family photos, then now is the perfect time. At the same time you can help to make the cherished wishes of children and teenagers battling life-threatening medical conditions come true.
Are you worried that your kids won’t sit or behave during a photo session?
Has your little one just learned to walk and is super cute with their arms in the air?
Will your little one start school next year, and you want to freeze time to keep them as your baby forever?
Are those 2 big teeth wobbling away, and getting near to falling out any day or are your teenagers braces due to finally come off?
Are your kids in their final year of school and just itching to take off into the big world?
ALL OF THESE MILESTONES are so important to capture & celebrate as they seem to come and go too quickly…Imagine having beautiful photos on your walls capturing this special time in your families’ life.
If you’ve always meant to get professional family photos done, but time just seems to get away, then this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Moments in time are so fleeting – if you're not quick, they will pass, then change, then get lost forever.
We know its hard to find the time to take that important photo of your family and pets and the last thing you want is for it to be stressful. That’s why were are known for making the process of capturing your family easy and enjoyable, & for creating award winning photos of your loved ones. We're confident our relaxed environment will capture that moment so you can share and cherish it, forever.
Why did we start the Kids on the Couch project?
As a mum I have always felt incredibly blessed to have had and raised healthy kids.
But I have never to take it for granted while raising my own family, as I listen to the stories of the families that I meet. From little ones battling leukemia spending months in hospital, to terrible illnesses or accidents that have meant extended hospital stays & huge uncertainty for both the kids and parents.So many times I have heard the stories around how Make-A-Wish is there to support families in difficult times, and to transform a child’s life in such a difficult time.
I started the Kids on the couch project as a way for families to update their kids portraits and to be part of a special project to help us raise $7500 in support of Make-A-Wish. With your support, we can help make the cherished wishes of children and teenagers battling life-threatening medical conditions come true.
Our kids on the couch project aims to tell us the story of each family and to celebrate each family's unique story. We want to hold an exhibition to celebrate that families today come in all shapes and sizes.
Your family will come into our studio at Gordon for your session and will have lots of fun enjoying a relaxed session on our gorgeous designer couch. At the end of your session, we will photograph an special image that will be included in the exhibition. It will includes some props to tell the story of your kids in 2019.
So how does the Kids on the Couch project work?
1) Complete the form below to apply to be part of our project, so we can find out a little about your kids
2) We will send you an online calendar so you can find a date to suit your family. Sessions will be photographed Tuesday-Saturday over the next few months.
3) There is a $75 donation due to lock in your session time. This will be donated directly to the Make-A-Wish Foundation. It covers your session, and guarantees that an image of your kids will be included in our exhibition.
4) You will receive an email with information on how to prepare for your session, what to bring with you and what to wear!
5) You will have a fun relaxed family session in our studio at Gordon, where we will capture a range of images of your family
6) You will come back into the studio to view your photos. There is no obligation to purchase photos, but we know you will love them and want to display them in your home. This will be your opportunity to purchase photos of your family and you can help us chose the image that will be featured in the exhibition.
7) We will be holding an exhibition in our studio in October, which will feature an image of each of the 100 families in the project.