Families on the Couch project
HELP US TO RAISE $7500 FOR THE MCGRATH FOUNDATION
Last year I was incredibly touched by a client's battle with breast cancer. I have photographed Kathryn's family a number of times over the past few years, and I was so shocked to hear that this gorgeous, vibrant mum of 3 kids aged just 12, 9 and 6 was battling breast cancer. It made me realize how precious every moment with our family really is...
Breast cancer is the most common cancer affecting women in Australia. Around 17,500 women and 150 men are diagnosed every year. Together, we can make a difference! I am hoping that with your support, we can help make life for families experiencing breast cancer that little bit easier.
The McGrath Breast Care Nurses help individuals (and their families) experiencing breast cancer by providing physical, psychological and emotional support. From the time of diagnosis, and throughout treatment, this support is available for free. Whether you’re in the private or public health system, support is available to you if you want it from Day 1 and for as long as you need it.
So what's the project about?
Families today come in all shapes and sizes. Our families on the couch project aims to tell us the story of each family and to celebrate each family's story.
The exhibition will feature an image of each of the 100 families in the project. The exhibition will be held in our beautiful studio in Gordon in July 2018. An image from each family's session will be showcased in the exhibition.
Have you been meaning to update your family photos? Have you never got around to having professional family photos?
Do you feel like your kids are growing up way too quickly and you want to capture them before they are all grown up? Do you want to freeze time as you love the ages your kids are at?
Then this is a perfect opportunity to update your families' photos and to be part of this special project to help us raise $7500 in support of the McGrath Foundation.
It's hard to find the time to take that important photo of your family and pets and the last thing you want is for it to be stressful. über photography is known for creating award winning photos of your loved ones as they grow and change. We're confident our relaxed environment will capture that moment so you can share and cherish it, forever.
So how does the Families on the Couch project work?
1) Complete the form below to apply to be part of our project, we want to know a little about your family
2) We will email you our available dates so we can find a date to suit your family
3) Once we have confirmed a date for your session, we will send you a link to pay the $75 donation. This will be donated directly to the McGrath Foundation and locks in your session time. It covers your session, and guarantees that an image of your family will be included in our exhibition.
4) We will send you an email with info on how to prepare for your session, what to bring with you and what to wear
5) You will have a fun relaxed family session in our studio at Gordon, where we will capture a range of images of your family
6) You will come back into the studio to view your photos. There is no obligation to purchase photos, but we know you will love them and want to display them in your home.This will be your opportunity to purchase photos of your family and you can help us chose the image that will be featured in the exhibition.
ONLY 20 SPOTS LEFT....
apply now so you don't miss out!