Families on the Couch project
HELP US TO RAISE $7500 FOR THE MCGRATH FOUNDATION
It's hard to find the time to take that important photo of your family and pets and the last thing you want is for it to be stressful. über photography is known for creating award winning photos of your loved ones as they grow and change. We're confident our relaxed environment will capture that moment you can share and cherish... forever.
Last year I was incredibly touched by a client's battle with breast cancer. I have photographed Kathryn's family a number of times, and was so shocked to hear that this gorgeous, vibrant mum of 3 kids aged 12, 9 and 6 was battling breast cancer. It made me realize how precious every moment with our family really is...
Breast cancer is the most common cancer affecting women in Australia. Around 17,500 women and 150 men are diagnosed every year. Together, we can make a difference! I am hoping that with your support, we can help make life for families experiencing breast cancer that little bit easier.
So what's the project about?
Families today come in all shapes and sizes. Our families on the couch project aims to tell us the story of each family and to celebrate how special families are.
We aim to photograph 100 families from October 2017 to April 2018. We will be then be holding an exhibition in our beautiful studio in Gordon in 2018 to showcase the images from these sessions.
If you been meaning to update your family photos, your kids are growing up way too quickly, or you just love the ages your kids are at and would love to document this time, this is a great opportunity to update your families' photos and to be part of this special project in support of the McGrath Foundation.
So how does the Families on the Couch project work?
1) apply to be part of our project, we want to know a little about your family
2) we will email you our available dates so we can find a date to suit your family
3) Once we have confirmed a date for your session, we will send you a link to pay the $75 donation. This will be donated directly to the McGrath Foundation and locks in your session time. It covers your session, and an image of your family appearing in our exhibition.
4) We will send you an email with info on how to prepare for your session, what to bring with you and what to wear
5) We have a fun relaxed family session in our studio at Gordon, where we will capture a range of images of your family
6) You will come back into the studio to view your photos. This will be your opportunity to purchase photos of your family and we will be able to show you the image that will be featured in the exhibition
Apply to be part of the project by completing this form